Steps to Successful Brushing & Flossing
Brushing with Your Toothbrush (use soft bristles only)
- When? After every meal. Rinse mouth with water if you can't brush right away
- When? Nightly after brushing
- How? Use floss threader between gums and braces
- Why? Removes plaque that toothbrush misses
Concentrate on spaces between the gums, bands, and brackets!
- Use dry brush with a small amount of toothpaste. Place bristles where gums and teeth meet.
- Use circular, vibrating motions around the gum line 10 seconds on each tooth.
- Brush slowly, each arch separately every tooth.
- Brush the lower teeth up and the upper teeth down. Brush your tongue and the roof of your mouth.
- Carefully pull unwaxed floss between wire and braces. A floss threader may be helpful.
- Floss carefully around braces.
- Floss carefully around gum area.
- Floss carefully around each tooth.
Please complete a medical history form and bring it to your first appointment:For AdultsFor Children
Burnaby Clinic Hours
- Mon, Tues & Thurs 7:30am - 3:30pm
- Wednesday 9am - 5pm
Terrace Clinic Hours
- ONE WEEK PER MONTH
- Monday - Wednesday 7:30am - 5pm
- Thursday 8am - 4pm
"Dr. Jeannotte and his team are caring, professional and give back to their community." Clara N., Vancouver, BC